Wednesday, April 29, 2009

chapter 8

u cant run from love
posted Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:12:15 -0800

u cant run from love
theres no place on this earth you can hide
u cant run from love
so dont even try



what is love?
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:27:46 -0800

is love a myth, a legend, a fable, a tall tale concocted by dreamers? is it a childrens fairy tale, created by tired mothers to quiet crying children? is it a cant sleep, cant eat, cant think, cant work, cant sit still kinda- thing, or is that just a rumor?

is it when you dream about someone all the time? is it when you think about someone all the time? is it when you cant wait to get off from work so you can see someone? is it that one who makes you smile? is it why we make sacrifices? is it why we believe the lies? is it why we wait by the phone?

is it why we forsake all others? is it why we wipe their tears away? is it why we hold them when theyre down? is it why we hold their hands, just to be touching? is it why we rush home to see them? is it why we try to help them when theyre in a jam? is it why we are strong for them when theyre weak? is it why we call when we cant be there?


do u
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:20:51 -0800

do u feel for me like i feel for you?
do u know that i'm alive?
is there any chance that you might meet with me tonight?

do u dream of me like i dream of u,
every day and night?
do u want to take a chance on someone new tonight?


from your secret admirer
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:18:19 -0800

its hard to find the words
to describe my love for you
words like immortal,
eternal, forever and true

eternal beauty
keeper of my heart
love at first sight
yes i've loved you from the start

although you're way out of my league
and don't know i'm alive
my love for you is timeless
and forever will survive

how can we be together
when you dont know i'm alive
signed, your secret admirer
forever and for all time.


lookin good, baby
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:33:53 -0800

girl you lookin good
just like u should
walkin thru my hood
watch you strut your stuff
cant get enough
#SPLIT#
girl u look tough
totally buff
aint no fluff
wrap u up and take a puff
when i get you alone
its gonna get rough
make u holla enuff
gonna shake yo walls
hear u holla down the halls
gonna hear your mating call
all over the mall
do u n the elevator
do u on the train
do u in the park
on the merry go round
in the rain
do u n the car
do u behind the bar
do u n the yard
under the moon and stars
its time to play
u ready 2 go?
lets get on the subway
and give em a show
come on girl
dont be shy
youll like it
if u give it a try
there's lots of things we havent done
trying new things is always fun
ever done it on a bus?
on an airplane?
dont be a wus
we'll do it again and again
until u too tired to let me in
i know what u want
u got what i need
lets get nasty
follow me and i'll lead
dam, that dress is dandy
eye candy
makes me hungry
jus lookin at u
come on boo
what u say?
me and u?
tonight us 2
u need me and i need u
lets help each other out
a day and night or 2
am i too much for u to handle?
ever played that game with the candle?
its a beautiful night
twinkling stars
what u say we slip out of this bar?
lets go for a walk
in the moonlight
dam, baby, that dress is tight
its crowded here and noisy too
lets go to my place
i need to talk to u


good morning angel
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:21:52 -0800

good morning angel
angelic eyes of blue
i hope you have a day today
as beautiful as you
wherever you may go today
whatever you may do
remember that forever
i will be in love with you


Ode to all the old cars ive owned before
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:18:15 -0800

weve grown apart you and i
tho at one time you were fly
youve let me down too many times
now its time to say good bye

its time to trade you in
i cant deal with you again
i cannot count on you
i see that we are through
i thought we were a team
but you werent what you seemed
its time to trade you in
and start all over again.


you dont know me but
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:13:56 -0800

you dont know me
but i sure know you
no matter where i am
i always think of you
eternal beauty
as timeless as the stars
angel from Heaven
why have you stole my heart?

what can i say
that can win your heart?
when i see you
i dont know how to start
you make me speechless
you take my breath away
i need to tell you
exactly how i feel
my love for you
forever will be true


Angel from Heaven
posted Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:08:27 -0800

angel from heaven
keeper of my heart
do you feel the magic
between us from the start?
immortal goddess
have mercy on my soul
eternal beauty
join me and make me whole


my past has made me who i am
posted Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:11:00 -0800

my past has made me who i am. i cant change it. we can only go forward in time. we shape our lives with the decisions we make. our future, our destiny is not predetermined. we arent born to be with one person and one only. our choices determine how our relationships turn out.


THIS LOVE
posted Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:20:10 -0800

I go to sleep, thinking of your essence
and I cant breathe, when Im in your pressence.
I'll never leave, as long as you love me,
cant you see, this is how its meant to be

I just want you to know how much I love you,
I never want this to end, love will pull us through,
and nothing any one says will ever change my mind,
I want this love to last for the rest of my life

You're beautilful and I love who you are,
Im like the night and you're my shining star,
I cant describe how much I love you,
and you light my world when you say you love me too.

I just want you to know how much I love you,
I never want this to end love will pull us through,
and nothing anyone says will ever change my mind,
I want this love to last for the rest of my life.

JON NICHOLS



SATAN THE SNOWMAN
posted Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:00:41 -0800

satan the snowman
was a cruel and evil fay
he was made of snow
but the children know
how he came to life one day

satan the snowman had a pitchfork in his hand
he would laugh and play and make the children gay
so they'd join his evil band

there must have been a reason why
he gave those guns away
he told em, start a gang and kill for me and we'll meet again some day

he led them down the streets of town
selling prostitutes and drugs
he said, "why should you love your neighbor when you can rob him like a
thug"

satan the snowman had to hurry on his way so they passed a joint and he
flipped them off and said, "i'll see you again someday"

"i'll be back for you someday!"

R E NICHOLS


THE COLORS OF LIFE
posted Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:59:03 -0800

the green of a Christmas tree
the white of a winter snow
the red of a valentine's day card
the blue of an Easter egg
the black of a starry night
the orange of a halloween pumpkin
the yellow of a morning sunrise
the gold of a 4th of July fireworks display

these are the colors of life

R E NICHOLS


eternal blaze
posted Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:37:49 -0800

eternal blaze
scorch coal stained soul,
blaze eloquently burning for
sunbathed beauty,
then suddenly the beauty strikes,
stabbing deep like a
thorn in my heart,
smothering the blaze
decay the heart.
the keeper of blaze
now devour soul.
rip flesh. drain marrow.
then in a sudden flash of rage,
drowns deep in self righteous suicide,
with severed wrist drips stain the floor.
and mind falls into oblivion,
on the edge of sanity the past
returns to shred the future.
with mind set on death. no blaze in sight.
inferno waits to scorch the night.
with a last grip of life, he damns the world.
hope they die miserably.
uckfay the world..

switchblade


A Christmas Haiku
posted Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:39:57 -0800

sunshine brings the morn
presents spilling on the floor
Christmas day again


peace
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:54:55 -0800

peace
quiet
happiness
calm
contentment
enlightenment
brotherhood
happily ever after



of geniuses
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:53:32 -0800

they call them the greatest minds on Earth,
as if theyre some kind of geniuses,
but if theyre so damn genius,
then why are we at war?


blessed are the poor
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:34:58 -0800

blessed are the poor children for they shall inherit the wars. they shall fight and die needlessly for the rich man's cause.

blessed are the poor parents for they shall again be alone. while the rich man shall keep his children by his side.

blessed are the victims who shall die in the rich man's war. they will have no choice, as usual.


of love...
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:22:11 -0800

"It hurts to love and not be loved in return. But what is more painful is to love someone and never find courage to let the person know how you feel.

Maybe GOD wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship and find out that you still care for that person.

A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.
When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often times, we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one, that has been opened for us.

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it. But it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart. But if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.

There are things you'd love to hear that you would never hear from the person you would like to hear them from. But don't be so deaf as not to hear from the one who says it from his heart.

Never say good-bye if you still want to try. Never give up if you feel you can still go on. Never say you don't love a person anymore if you can't let go.
Love comes to those who still hope although they've been disappointed; to those who still believe although they've been betrayed: to those who still need to love although they've been hurt before; and to those who have the courage and faith to build trust again.

Don't go for looks, they can deceive. Don't go for wealth, even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Hope you find the one that makes you smile.
Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

The happiness of people doesn't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past.
You can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches"

anonymous



memories
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:14:29 -0800

memories run thru my mind
from time to time
some good, some bad
all flowing like wine
like the birds
they fly by and visit me
experiences i've had
that make me
me


will u miss me?
posted Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:11:45 -0800

will u miss me when i'm gone?
will u cry when u hear this song?
will u think of the times i tried
to get close to u and was denied?


nobody
posted Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:07:55 -0800

nobody wants me
nobody cares
nobody needs me
neither here nor there
i'm all alone
and have been for years
if i died right now
she wouldnt shed a tear
living alone is Hell
dying is Heaven


they call me white trash
posted Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:02:55 -0800

they call me white trash
i got no cash
i made it this far
so just kiss my a@@
i write rhymes
all the time
i work hard all day
to make a dime
the words are here in
my brain
dont mess with me
cuz i'm insane
#SPLIT#
my body's sore
my back is aching
i need to win the lottery
and take a vacation
i got laid off at Christmas time
cant even draw and that aint lyin
my bills are due
i need some cheddar
i just balanced my books
and ive seen em look better
i dont play games it aint no joke
im standin here
i will not choke
i m all stressed out
about to go
nuclear on some i know
my life's a bitch
but so are you
he might have more money
but he got you too
so all in all
i just lucked out
i got rid of yo infection and
yo big, loud mouth
WORD!


lonely nights and lonely days
posted Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:51:49 -0800

lonely nights and lonely days
the hours are ticking fast away
the days shoot by
the months and years fly
can you find true love
before you die???


if god can forgive them
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:55:26 -0800

simon peter denied his lord one evening
before the rooster sounded its third crow
and david sinned to win the love of a woman
and both were greater men than me dont you know?

and if god can forgive their transgressions,
surely he can forgive me of my sins
although people turn away
they can come back to stay
god has said he will let backsliders in

and jonah tried to hide from the master
he was afraid to do what god had said
and tho he tried to run away
god put him on his way
and finally he followed god's will

1996


10 years of hell i suffered
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:41:55 -0800

while praying for death to come
10 years of pain and torment
10 years of slowly turning numb
and then i lost all hope
i started planning my demise
then god smiled down upon me
and a divorce court gave me
a new life


my life in exile has ended
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:39:10 -0800

my new beginning has begun
my sentence has been lifted
my dreary existence has become fun
i once was sad and lonely
but now i'm happy as a lark
my divorce is finally final
i'm free at last
be still my heart


little angel
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:35:58 -0800

i miss you so
i cant be there
to watch you grow
your mother left
and took you away
and wont let you
visit any day


funky poetry
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:33:48 -0800

looking really hot tonight
dance with me baby
funk me tonight


homesick
posted Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:31:48 -0800

late at night i sit and stare at the stars
wondering when you will come and take me home
away from this miserable life


lost hope and shattered dreams
posted Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:57:15 -0800

follow angels
with broken wings
bleeding hearts
and shallow graves
they leave behind them
everyday


loneliness
posted Mon, 07 Nov 2005 09:52:00 -0800

despair
depression
stress
betrayal
anxiety
pain
heartache
desparation
lost hope
hell on earth
life


Ode to Blade
posted Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:33:49 -0700

it is my calling to hunt down and destroy the evil things that go bump in the night. i must repay them for destroying my family. i must slay to be whole again. as long as the dark ones roam about freely no one is safe. i was born to a human mother before she died and i am half human. a genetic misfit. gifted with the best of both worlds. and cursed with a heritage i hate. the evil that created me and destroyed me must die. that is my job. that is my mission. that is my life.


Life, Love, and Lemonade
posted Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:47:01 -0700

Sometimes life gives you lemons; thats the time to make lemonade. Sometimes life gives you love; thats the time to enjoy the ride while it lasts. Sometimes life gives you bills; thats the time to make a nice campfire.


The Cyborg
posted Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:07:56 -0700

Cary Solo was a pilot. He was on a flight when he flew into a thunderstorm. The panels stopped working and everything was dark. The only light in the sky was the lightning. the power went out in the plane. it came back on for a second then died out altogether. the plane drifted for a while then it started going down. Cary did all he could to keep the nose up, but the engines were gone for good. The plane picked up speed and Cary saw an island below, with losts of trees. Suddenly, everything went black.

Dr. Chris Zion was living on that island, for years. He was trying to perfect his bionics experiments. He heard the crash and went to investigate it with 2 of his assistants. They found the broken plane a few miles from the lab and they rescued 2 survivors, who were near death. Cary and a passenger named Rick.
Cary had to be rushed for emergency surgery in the lab. The Doctors did everything they could to save him, but his arms and legs were viciously broken. He had also lost his eyes and hearing.

When Cary awoke days later, he was surprised to see the doctor standing over him. When the doctor explained the surgeries he had to undergo. He was stunned and speechless. His arms and legs and eyes and one ear had been replaced with bionic parts. he was stronger, faster than he had ever been before. His glasses were destroyed, but he didnt need them anymore. Cary could see farther than anyone now and hear things that no human could hear. Cary Solo, he thought, Bionic Man.


Mister Roboto
posted Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:30:08 -0700

Mr. Damian enters the briefing room at WIA Headquarters.
"Good. youre all here. You are the best the agency has and you are all qualified for this mission, however, there is a 90% chance that you wont return so I am going to ask for volunteers."
Seconds pass. One lone figure stands up in the back of the room.
"Ito, follow me." says Damian.

The 2 men leave the room and go into Damian's Office.
"Ito, you always take the tough jobs."
"Someone has to," says Ito Roboto.
Damian turns on a projector.
"This is Andrew Kilroy. He was born and raised in the United States. 3 Years ago, there was a terrible accident. Over 60% of his body is now bionic. Even his brain was an IBM project. We recently received an email from him. He is being held captive by a terrorist group in this old abandoned factory. They have an army of droids guarding him. Your mission is to get in and bring him home."
"All I have to do is bring him here."
"Alive preferably... Keep in mind that the building is full of terrorists. Dont get caught."
"Done."
Ito stands to begin his mission.
"Good luck, Ito, and thank you."
"For what?"
"For doing the jobs nobody wants to."

Andrew Kilroy is sitting in a locked room in the factory where he has been for days. 2 androids drag Ito Roboto into the room knocked out, then leave and lock the door. As Ito awakens, he sees his cellmate on a cot.
"What are you in for?"
"They killed the other hostages, but they thought I would come in handy. They turned off my bionics so I could not move."
"Ever since those military droids were perfected, its been one attack after another."
Ito looks at the lock on the door, then he looks out the window.
"The problem's plain to see; too much technology. Machines to save our lives. Machines de-humanize."
"Lets get you moving," says Roboto. He opens a control panel in Kilroy's bionic arm and turns his bionics back on.
"How did you do that?" asked Kilroy.
"You're not the only one in WIA with knowledge of bionics and robotics," says Roboto. As the 2 WIA agents make the final adjustments to Kilroy's bionics, Roboto looks out the window of the factory office. Kilroy steps in front of him.
"Please, allow me."
Kilroy busts out the window and part of the wall in the office. Then, he jumps to the ground below. Roboto sees the droids coming into the room. He pushes a button on his watch and all the droids in the factory shut down. Roboto leaps to the ground and leads Kilroy to his car down the street. As they speed away, Roboto sees the terrorists coming after them in Jeeps.
He flips a lever in a secret compartment in his car, sending an EM pulse out in all directions, and frying the electronics in the terrorists vehicles. They cannot follow.
Kilroy looks back and laughs at the guerillas as they try to start their vehicles.
"You are good," says Kilroy.
"Just doing my job," says Roboto.
"Well, thank you very much, Mister Roboto, for helping me escape when I needed to."
"No sweat," says Roboto. "Hey you like video games? there's an Xbox in the glove box."






ode to the googlebot
posted Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:40:16 -0700

you crawl thru here all the time
and dont even say hello.
what do you think i am
your private little ho?
i pour my heart out in ink
and you just cruise on by
then you tell everyone what i write
like some sneaky lil spy


THE UNWANTED EMBRACE (JS writing contest entry)
posted Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:44:17 -0700

(The Unwanted Embrace, 32 lines, a narrative fictional poem)


i just stopped by for a drink
like a dozen times before
i guess i was more thirsty than i thought
once i got her on the floor
as i quenched my insatiable thirst
i came to realize
this girl that i was preying on
was just about to die
as i came to my senses
i saw her in my arms
this vessel i called friend
a victim of my charms
and soon she would be gone
because of my mistake
and the Prince would have my head
did i deserve this fate?
i could not let her die
the regrets would never stop
and so i bit my lip
and let her taste a few drops
and soon she arose again
and walked the night with me
and tho we are no longer friends
she arose you see
and now she is Kindred
a creature of the night
forever in the dark
and running from the light
we walk the world of darkness
the dark childe and i
tho years come and go
the damned can never die

No comments:

Post a Comment